Submit your best short story to Kelp Journal's first annual horror fiction contest! See the details below and submit your spookiest piece. We are looking for literary quality work that is scary, spooky, or suspenseful enough to keep you up at night this Halloween. The winner will read, or have read, their winning piece live on All Hallows Eve.
- The theme is horror and suspense of an aquatic nature. Nautical, sea monsters, haunted beach houses, bayou beasts, murderous yachts, you write it, we'll consider it. We’re excited to read your work!
- The word limit is 2,500 words.
- Final Judge is horror writer and Kelp editor, A.E. Santana.
- Send work to KelpJournalHorror@gmail.com
- Please include your contact information on the submission.
- Submissions close to entries October 15th, 2020.
- One first-place winner will be announced by October 25th, 2020.
- Prize for first place is $150.
- Runners up will receive an honorable mention.